I've been really slacking in my reading recently so I though I'd start reporting on it so that I can keep motivated! Also, I finally got a library card in my new city so that is helping a lot with the motivation!
This is what I read this month:
Foreign Body by Robin Cook.
I was shocked to discover a Robin Cook book that I hadn't read before! Unfortunately, this was not one of my favorites. It was a good story but I felt like the mystery was revealed to the reader too early. I like solving the mystery with the main character but in this case I knew what the main character didn't.
One True Love by Lora Copeland
Ok so this was an instance of my grabbing something at the library because the author has written a number of books. I do this every once in a while as a way to discover new authors, etc. In this case, I will probably not be reading anything else by this author. Worth a shot though.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Soooo - this was a recommendation from my cousin and I am a little bit obsessed with this series. It is a young adult series and is just a great read. It reminds me a little bit of the Harry Potter series in that it involves teens with special abilities who are battling some sort of evil. Anyway - definitely recommended.
City of Ashes by Cassandra
This is the second in the series and I am still loving it.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by MaryAnn Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I read this on a recommendation from a friend and it was a great read - cute story, well written, and a lot of fun. The only thing I wasn't a fan of is the lack of chapters :)
A book of Ray Bradbury short stories that I can't remember the name of... But the stories were really good!
I feel like there was one more book too...but I can't remember what it was. Overall a good month for reading though :)
No comments:
Post a Comment