Monday, February 22, 2010

Homemade applesauce



In my back and forth between two houses, I've had some apples that got left behind and weren't looking good enough to eat. So I decided to use them to make applesauce. It was so easy and I have to say, it tastes pretty darn good. I can't imagine I'll be going back to the store bought stuff anytime soon.

I don't have any fancy equipment so I just used a big pot. First I peeled and cut up about 7 apples. Then I boiled them covered in about 1 inch of water starting on high and then reducing heat to medium once a rapid boil was achieved.

I boiled them until they seemed mushy. I guess this was about 20 mins or so. I drained the water and mashed up the apples. Then I added cinnamon to taste and that's it! So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment