Monday, January 25, 2010

Pantry Challenge Update

So the Pantry challenge is coming to an end and I've done pretty well with everything so far. I haven't starved and I've maintained a reasonable diversity in my diet, although a lot of this is due to the extensive eating out I've been doing (kind of anti-challenge but whatever). A few days ago I picked up carrots and chicken at Target for a total of $3.49 bringing my total for the month to $20.86.

Today I decided to break my challenge goal of sticking to only perishables because I saw some pretty decent deals at Harris Teeter and figured I'd take a lot of this down to NC with me for some easy eating.

Anyway - I spent $10.04 on the following:
2 1 lb boxes of Cheerios (note, these are HUGE and probably will hold me for a few months)
4 boxes of mac and cheese
2 loaves of arnold grains and more bread
3 broccoli florets
3 bananas

Total Savings: $15.42. WOO!

I think I am finished with my grocery shopping for the month so I feel confident giving my final numbers.


Total Challenge Grocery Spending: $30.90! Not bad for a whole month!

No comments:

Post a Comment