Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making English Muffins!

I will never purchase English Muffins again! These are amazing! I was browsing the internet looking for a new muffin recipe to try when I stumbled upon this recipe. It was very easy to make and really they turned out better than I anticipated.


Here are some fun pictures of the process. I mixed all the ingredients into a fairly wet dough and let it rise covered for about an hour. Here is the pre-rising dough ball. I forgot to take a picture of the post-rising dough ball. It was MUCH bigger.


After punching down the dough, I rolled it out using a drinking glass (note to self - buy a rolling pin!) and used the same glass to cut out circular muffins. Then I let the dough rise for another 30 minutes.
The weirdest part of the recipe is that you bake them on the stove top. The recipe says to use a gridle, but I used a large frying pan instead. I just sprayed it with PAM and that was enough to keep it from burning.



And here are my beautiful finished English Mufins!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment