This is what I ended up with:
Slow cooker BBQ Chicken (just as a reference, I use half the chicken but same proportion of liquid) This is the before picture. I forgot to take a picture of the shredded chicken.

Cornbread (From a box - Trader Joe's)

Pork Chops marinated in Italian Dressing (cut in half so they cover more meals). There are 2 missing from the pan because I ate one for dinner (with cornbread and steamed broccoli and cauliflower) and another is packed for lunch tomorrow.

Brownies from scratch! I was in the mood for brownies but I was without a baking mix so I tried this recipe. I am pretty impressed. I think I cooked it a little longer than I would have preferred but overall it had a great flavor.
Oops - someone took out a slice!I also made 2 loaves of zucchini bread at the end of last week but I didn't take a picture of it.
So not bad for very little work. I marinated the pork chops all day while I was busy sitting at the car dealership. The BBQ sauce mixes up really fast and then it was just a matter of chopping an onion and throwing it all in the crock pot for a few hours. While that was going I mixed up the cornbread and baked it at the same time as the pork. Finally, I mixed up the brownie mix and baked that while enjoying my dinner! Easy! I think I am getting the hang of this freezer cooking business!
No comments:
Post a Comment