Over the past few months I've been able to generate a pretty decent stockpile of food, toiletries, and other products. In an effort to use what I have and also to put a little extra money towards savings this month, I am challenging myself to spend no more than $100 this month on groceries, household needs, and toiletries. I usually budget a little more than this in order to build up my stockpile but that isn't necessary spending so I think I should be able to meet this goal.
My rules:
1. No cheating. When $100 is spent, there are no further funds, unless it is an emergency.
2. This does not count eating out which comes from a different part of my budget. So I can still eat out if I have room in my "fun budget" to accommodate it.
3. I will not eat only cereal and peanut butter sandiwches all month. The plan is to eat healthfully and normally all month. In order to prove that I can do this, I will periodically update with menu plans, successful meals (and likely some not so successful ones as I try to creatively use what I already have...), and pictures.
That's it! Today was a weird food day for me so I am not sure it counts in the whole "eating normally" all month. I helped my sister paint her new house and we got caught up in our work and didn't eat anything other than banana bread until about 4pm when we shared a pizza from Dominos. Then since I am going to a baby shower in MD tomorrow morning, I am staying at my parents house tonight. They aren't really around much this week so it is slim pickings in the food department here. So I had Rice Krispies for dinner. I'd say we are not off to a great start on this month but things should be back to normal once I head home tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment