Today however was a different story. I wanted to make some cookies for some friends down the street who just had a baby. I am trying to eat through things in my cabinets this month and I like trying new recipes so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. In theory it sounds simple - cake mix, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips. I followed the advice of some of the reviewers and added some vanilla extract.
I put them on the tray and they looked perfectly normal - it was a good think batter and held up well as I spooned it onto the tray. I baked at 350* for 8 minutes and ended up with this:

COOKIE BRITTLE! Seriously, I can't even describe it. All the cookies melded together into this flat crunchy cracker-like cookie with chocolate chips sticking out like little mountains. Obviously I did something wrong but I can't figure out what! The recipe reviewers rave about the cookies. I took a bite out of one and it tasted like a cookie - just flat...and crunchy. Needless to say, this is not acceptable to give as a gift.
So in a last ditch effort to salvage the sitaution, I put the remaining dough into a baking dish and made it as though it were a cake.

It looks more appetizing but I have no idea how it will taste. I will have to sample it before sharing. I may just have to chalk this one up to experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment