Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 Garden


I was inspired by my friend Jack's rocking container garden, and decided to give container gardening another shot. Long-time readers may remember my garden from last year. I'd call it moderately successful. I did grow some plants, but a lot of them ended up as breakfast for a furry critter.

So this year I'm trying gardening 2.0, the table top edition.

But first, I had to do some serious damage control. At some point this spring some weeds decided to take over my pots.


Anyway, I got rid of the weeds, added some fresh soil and went to town. The result - a table top full of plants!

I have: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, bell peppers, basil, sage, and rosemary. I planted A LOT of basil. I really love basil and want to have enough to try to make homemade pesto this summer.


In fact, once I finished I had a few more plants than I had pots so I created a little bed next to my house for the extra basil plants. The pieces of wood were left in the yard by the previous owner so I decided to repurpose them. Hopefully that (or the scary flamingo from my mom) will be enough to keep the rabbits away but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment