Monday, April 19, 2010

New Patio Furniture!

So for the first time in my life, I have a patio. I am SO excited about this because I really haven't ever lived in a place where I could go outside easily. I plan on spending a lot of time out there.

Anyway - I may have a patio but I have NO patio furniture. I don't even have anything I could repurpose as patio furniture since anything that goes out there really needs to be weather proof. I don't want to spend a lot of money right now (since I am spending plenty of money on the whole buying a house situation) so I've my eyes peeled for some good deals.

I found a great deal at Habitat for Humanity's Restore.

These chairs were each priced at $2!! Can you believe that. I sat in each of them and they seem to be fully functional. They each have a small amount of rust on the bottom and all of the slats seem to be fine without tears or anything. All in all they seemed like perfect chairs! Only problem was - they were FILTHY. You can't see the dirt very well in the picture but trust me - they needed a good scrubbing.



So after an hour or so with a sponge and some soapy water, they are looking as good as new. Not bad for $4! They will definitely last this season and probably a few more depending on when I decide to get something else. Now I am on the lookout for a small glass table to put between them. With that I think my patio will be all set!

Note: Picture taken on friend's deck - not in my yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment