One of my home remodeling goals was to change the towel racks in all bathrooms. The current towel racks are cheaply made and not my style.
The first project I wanted to tackle this year was to replace the master bathroom towel rack, hand towel rack, and toilet paper holder. To do this I used a gift card I received for Christmas so the total cost for this project was around $3.00 (what my gift card did not cover).
Here is the old towel rack. It is functional but because it is pretty flimsy you can see that the weight of a wet towel is starting to cause a bend in the middle. So, while it is functional now, it may not be functional for too long!

So for those of you who haven't ever changed out your bathroom fixtures before, I will walk you through the steps. First, remove the old hardware from the wall. Next repair the holes with spackle. I used a color changing spackle that goes on pink and changes to white when dry.
This is now a good time to make muffins because you have to wait for the spackle to dry in order to start the next step.Once the spackle is dry, the next step is to touch up the paint. This is also a good time to touch up any other areas in the room.
When the paint is completely dry, drill holes to line up with the installation hardware. The hardware may vary depending on the product you buy but in general you have a bracket that you install on the wall and then attach the towel rack to this bracket.
It is all pretty simple if you ask me!
Here is the finished towel rack on the wall.

I also replaced the toilet paper holder and the hand towel rack so that they all match. I am loving this new look. It is a simple and relatively inexpensive way to change the look of a room.
Stay tuned for a tour of my 'finished' master bathroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment