The large box of Corn Chex was marked down to $1.75 and I have no idea why. The puddings were holiday themed and were also marked down - to $0.50 each.
I bought 2 shampoos at Target this week because I am on the verge of being out of shampoo. Target was having a decent sale and I had a coupon so it worked out. I got both of these for $2.59 but paid using a gift card so these were FREE.
On a second trip to Kroger I picked up some other items that I am almost out of (Veggie Oil, paper towels, etc) for a total of $6.41.
And I did have a splurge trip that I just couldn't pass up. Harris Teeter has boneless chicken breast on sale for Buy 1 Get 2 Free which is a fantastic deal. So I got 5.6 lbs of chicken for just over $9.
Given that I am trying to eat from the pantry this month, this seems like quite a bit to spend. However, now that I've stocked up on some staples that I was missing following the holidays, I should be in a good position to minimize spending for the rest of the month!
Total for the week: $28.79
Total for the month: $28.79
No comments:
Post a Comment