Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What do you do with Kale?

So this week I got a bunch of kale included in my CSA. Kale is a food that I have very little experience with. To put it simply, I have no idea what to do with it. My go-to meal with leafy greens is to throw it in a salad but kale doesn't really seem like a salad veggie.

So - I googled and found this recipe for Potato Cakes with Onions and Kale.

I have to say - this was a pretty tasty way to eat some kale. I am not a huge fan of the wilted greens but the combination with the potatoes made them tolerable. I didn't use as much onion as the recipe called for, primarily because I was crying too hard to cut any more. Onions make me very sad. I also added salt because I think potatoes always need more salt!

Anyway, here they are right after they came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment